Tuesday, June 17, 2014

usa and cinema

Yesterday was a very relaxing day! In the morning, Zyanya went to the dentist to get her braces off (I would have gone, but didn't understand that she was getting her braces off haha), so I was at the house alone for a few hours. It was great, though, because I was able to practice piano and do some work. 

When she came back, Zyanya, Sahroma, and I watched the USA beat Ghana in the World Cup, which was fun, but at one point, when the US scored, Macrina made a comment about Ghana being the underdog which I didn't expect! We won, anyway, which was great, not that i'm all gung-ho about soccer :). By the way, Zyanya's smile looks AMAZING and she was so happy all day about having the braces off! 

The four of us ate a lunch at 4.45 (i was sooo hungry) of chicken, a salad, and rice, which Macrina considered "take-out food" since she was too busy working to cook, but she actually cooked most of it and only like the salad dressing was premade! Lunch was nice—we talked about some funny stories, like how a bird flew into Sarhoma's classroom in high school and died on her desk.

After that, Luisa and Haley came in a friend's car (the friend was driving) to bring us to Pamela's and then to the movies. We hung out at Pamela's for at least 2 hours (everything is so sloww) and then went to the movie. The girls knew the guys working at the theatre, which reminded me of how it is in Phx, too. They were very nice, but we should have been rushing, because after waiting so long for the movie, it was 10 minutes in when we got to the theater! We saw Malificent, and we all enjoyed it. Pamela's mom and her sister, Fernanda, came to watch the movie with us, but I didn't seem them arrive and had no idea they were there!! 

After we went back to pamela's house, we went back home at 11:20 (actually we were all literally sleeping in her room it was weird but we were tired!) and went straight to sleep at Zyanya's house. 

I also forgot to mention that yesterday morning we went running at the park, but I ended up doing exercises on a wall outside the church, because my sneakers were making my ankles bleed since my socks were too short. There weren't any runners, just walkers, because I think the runners go earlier. We meant to , but Zyanya was running a little late, because she's not a morning person and couldn't find her shoes, and then when we got to the park, she stayed in the car and took a nap haha! AFter that was when she went to school to get a prom table, which her fam is sharing with Christina's family (the one who runs with us), and that was when I was at home working.

Ok, well that's it for yesterday! Today we will watch the Mexico fútbol game and do something else probably. I was going to take pics at the movie theater, but my storage was full ahh! 

Hasta luego!!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to let you know that Louis and I drove somewhere for dinner on Monday night, and it was of course closed. Then we searched for the address of another restaurant on Yelp, but it gave us the wrong one. We finally found our way to the restaurant, and we enjoyed ourselves and the food, but, yes, it was a typical Aaron evening in the car searching for food.
    We miss you a lot! Zyanya's family sounds wonderful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete