Thursday, June 19, 2014

¿Qué? –Día 11–

Today, well, yesterday, technically, (woah too many commas!) seemed pretty monotonous—I don't think we did anything special. BUT, I do have some anecdotes to share.

Short recap of today: We started out at zyanya's but when Pamela's mom came to pick up Laurel and Pamela, she took us with her (what a thief) and we spent the day at pamela's. For awhile, we just hung out, but then we went downstairs to eat homemade sushi that her mom was preparing. It was so delicious! Afterward, we just hung around more in P's room. 

As we got ready for the movies, we wandered into the common room (don't know what to call it) upstairs, where I stuck my phone ontop of the backrest of a fluffy armchair. Before I knew it, Laurel slide-tackled the chair, landing on it with such great force that my phone flew into the air and shattered on the floor. Little did I know, as I was laughing it off with complete confidence in my seemingly invincible phone (jk the back is shattered and none of the buttons work whooops), the front of my phone was shattered everywhere :(((. I am so stupid for putting it there, and I was kidding about laurel, she just sat in the chair and it slipped ahhhah. noo how am I supposed to read the nyt now to become informed on all the positive, uplifting world news? Now my phone and watch are broken...my watch gets two hours slower every day, which I take as its trying to adjust to my mellow lifestyle on "mexico time" (or maybe it couldn't handle the kino bay waves not sure which). But to make it better, I am wearing a cute friendship bracelet that I bought at Kino Bay for Charlotte. I tied it around my wrist to not lose it, but accidentally tied it too tight and can't get it off...sorry, charlotte! I'll get you something else. 

Anyway, we went to the mall to see a movie, during which time Haley and Luisa came—it's crazy that we hadn't seen them for a whole day, as the 6 of us have been together all of the time. We wanted to see The Fault in our Stars (english with spa subtitles), but the times were inconvenient, so we went shopping instead. I love being with my friends, but that is definately top of the list of things I have not liked so far, because I truly deplore shopping of most kinds, especially in cold, indoor malls with no windows or fresh air. It's also exhausting even when I'm not spending money. 

Then, we went to grab some yogurt (this was 10pm...still not dinner time) still in the mall at a place similar to one in America. I filled my bowl 3/4 high, (like everyone else, just saying) and Zyanya was making me feel bad for wasting it, so of course I had to eat the whole thing to prove her wrong! Honestly, it was so refreshing and delicious, and I knew it was my dinner, and didn't eat it to prove her wrong that would be soo weird. ya. 

We went back to pamela's house and hung out more. One of her dogs, Lucky (IRONIC) attacked me and started biting my legs, but it was so small that it didn't hurt me, and it's not like I could just kick her dog across the room, so I tried to calmly step away. Crazy animal! I love the other dog, Niña, though! Makes me miss delilah!

Something that is different here is that before the stoplights turn yellow, they flash green: green, flashing green (three times), yellow, red. I like it, because it's just a forewarning that the light will change. Maybe this is odd, but I always get so nervous when the light turns yellow, and wouldn't mind having it flash green first! Also, there are soo many speed bumps, it's insane! They also use the yellow metal round semi-sphere barricades (like at Arcadia and Indian School) to direct cars, but it seems so Big Brother to me, and people drive over them sometimes, anyway. 

I'm sleepy now, and want to run tomorrow, so buenas noches de hermosillo! xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment