Saturday, June 28, 2014

dos días de divertirnos! t-3 to PHX :(

I have been way busy for blogging, but I'm now devoting this time, and I'll start with Thursday, then Friday!

Throwup Thursday (it's a good thing!)

We started off the morning watching usa come centimeters from elimination from FIFA. This time we actually in every way lost, but the funny part is that a loss somehow was still a win, because we're advancing! WOO USA. I've been unsuccessfully looking for a MEX team shirt this whole month, and now that Cris said he found one in Israel, I think I better start looking harder! hahaa anyway, I was still happy and it was nice that the silvas were watching it with me and cheering for the usa...Zyanya even got up early with me, even though she fell asleep on the couch, which I don't blame her for. 

At 2:30pm, Macrina drove the bunch of us over to la Econectura, which was a super blast. I'm still honestly not sure what it is myself, but I'll do my best to explain. After driving out of HMO and down some dirt roads that wove through farms and ranches (what's the difference?), we ended up at a beautiful red-orange building, which was a hotel. By then, I was practically asleep from the ride, and when i got out of the car, I was so dizzy I probably looked so confused! In the vicinity, there were cows, sheep, horses, and two ponds. We ate lunch at a beautiful little table by one of the ponds, which was really delicious. everyone had chicken and I had fish, and both were great! We then went into a pool that looked like a water fountain, but that actually had a slide that funneled into the pond. We all hung out in the pond (it was a big pond, but I always kept my feet in close, because it was so murky that we practically couldn't see our hands right under the surface) for about two hours, which was a blast, because the water was warm and there were paddle boats, a floating trampoline that we catapulted off of, and paddle boards to keep us busy. Laurel and I tried to get onto sarhoma's paddle board, but once we were all on, it started sinking (maybe fewer burros for me), and when laurel and I tried to get off, it flipped and we all fell in...pobre sarhóma! 

At 6pm, we all changed and were able to horse-back ride on two horses that they brought from the barn. I love horses they were so cute and sweet!! We each rode the horse down a little trail by the pond and back. The guy who was leading my horse was really nice, and he tried to speak english to me, even though I was speaking spanish. I think a lot of people have trouble understanding my spanish, while others want to practice their english. 

We hung out after that in a little playground area and on a field until about 8:40 when we packed up and headed back. Haley was doing backbends and tried to teach us, but I really think my back would have snapped in half I'm so inflexible! We were eating some chips we brought, but they were so spicy that my mouth was burning like crazy oops maybe I should have taken a hint from the big chillie on the front of the bag. I don't have any pictures of that because my camera was broken, which is really a shame, but I will try to steal some from laurel and haley's phones. The good thing is that now my camera is fixed (thanks to LUisa's sister and mom!), so if we do anything exciting today or tomorrow I will document it. 

I will start a new post for friday (yesterday) just in case it deletes this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment