Tuesday, June 10, 2014

day 2: el parque

This morning, Macrina and i went to the park with two of her friends. I felt bad for making them late, but I was trying to put in my contacts and had to use Macrina and Mario's bathroom instead of Zyanya's because Saharoma was showering. 

The park was gorgeous! It was about a 10 min drive from the house, and was across the street from Regis, Z's school. The park was huge, like a football field, and I ran around and through it while Macrina and her friends walked. Her friends were super nice and funny—as soon as we got into the car, they all started singing to the radio and chatting. The lady who sat in the back seat with me explained the areas we were passing, and we talked about many things. She has five kids, and Macrina has 7 siblings!! She loves having a big family, though. 

After my run, I was stretching at a bench when Macrina introduced me to some of z's friends who were there. They were so nice and outgoing, and even though they know english, they decided to speak spanish to see how much I could understand. The surrounding neighborhood was beautiful, and it was nice to see so many runners and walkers in the park. There was also exercise equipment there. 

I think today we will go to the school at 10 to get their report cards, and then get lunch. Maybe we eat before we leave, idk! Last night I was heading upstairs at 9:30, and Macrina asked me if i wanted some dinner! I thought that was so funny just since it seemed random and late. The lights also blacked out for a few seconds which was crazy, and it didn't happen to macrina's friends! Alright, I will post again later, I'm trying to do shorter, more frequent segments so I can remember better. Also, Saharoma gave me a book to read in spanish which was so nice! She's great. Hasta luego! 

No comments:

Post a Comment