Friday, June 20, 2014

friday bunday

Usually it would be Sunday Bunday or Monday Bunday, but today is Friday, and my hair is in a bun; therefore, Friday Bunday. When I went to Costa Rica last year, it was so hot that my hair was always in a bun, but when I was looking at the pics, I looked crazy, so I haven't worn very many buns here, but now i am because it is so hot. Here they call a bun...oh gosh I can't remember but they taught me, but we have been playing a lot of "repeat after me" with each of us trying to learn the other language. It's fun for us to say words and ask them to pronounce it, or the other way around. they always ask me to day 'Ferrocaril' which means railway/train/something like that because I can't trill my 'r' in words, which they find ammusing (really, it's not.). I blame it on my braces. I have them say words that sound alike in a row because they find it fun. EX: bird, beard, band, bed, shepherd, etc. I can't remember them all, but Zyanya says them really fast for fun while acting each one out to make sure she knows what it means. When she asked me what kind of dog I have, I said australian shepherd, so she always throws Shepherd in haha. 

Maybe it should be Friday Cryday, because I'm sort of bored. Or Friday Lieday, because we're lying around the house. Ok, I'll stop! This morning, we ate our fruit with cereal and yogurt mix with half a sandwitch like usual. I love yoplait, and the fruit is muy rica, so we're good. Zyanya is for sure going to study in Cuernavaca, which is super exciting. She will live with her grandma, so her parents aren't too sad, but Sarhoma never studied away from home, so I don't think they realize how different it will be when she is actually gone. She also asked me if i wanted to make a cake, because she has a box of cakemix. I said yes of course I love cake. I didn't run this morning, because every time I run the blister on my ankel from my shoe gets worse, and I just want it to go away, even though I'm a super impatient person sometimes. I woke up today, and my phone was still cracked, so that was disappointing—now I know it definitely wasn't a dream (not that I thought it was!). I just wanted it to be :). Also, I think Kino Bay waves really turned the second-hand on my swatchwatch back, because each morning I have to wind it forward an hour, which is fine because I enjoy changing the time, but not so great when I need to know what time it is. But then again, when do I really need to know the time? 

This morning I was working on different things I need to get done, and I suppose I will go play piano so I can be ready to compete in the fall. The AC just went on yay! execpt that means it's off downstairs, so maybe I will just play piano later since it's downstairs. Bad excuse. Tonight pamela is coming at 5, which means 6, and they will go to church with their classmates at 7. I hope laurel and I can join them, but only if they want us to, but I hope so because I like their friends. I read some other blogs yesterday, and it sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time and is keeping super busy! I can't wait to hear about the adventures..they all seem so different than mine. 

Alrightt, well, I will blog again tonight, and maybe in these next 12 hours I will have gained an insight into Mexican life and culture. Just kidding ;) 

hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment