Tuesday, June 10, 2014

pool day!

heyyyyyy

The last time i blogged was before we left the house for breakfast, so I'll pick  up there! As soon as Zyanya wook (wow I meant woke but that was too weird to delete!) up at 9 and got ready , we left for school. There was a ceremony for the students in the gymnasium, where the mean teacher (according to z) made some announcements for 20 minutes and then passed out the report cards. First of all, i can't imagine receiving my report card with everyone around, and second, it was so cute and sad to see all the seniors on their last day of school hugging and laughing. I met a ton of her friends; z is really social and her friends are so nice! I sat with her but then moved to the back when i was getting glares from the teacher...I pretty much looked like a black sheep in a sea of blue and white uniforms.

Then Laurel and Haley came with Pamela and Luisa. they were all late haha and we waited for them to grab their sheets and hang out. I can understand a lot of spanish, but I honestly didn't decipher one word of that principal's speech oh my gosh. 

So before we left for the ceremony, we ate a warm fruit smoothie/juice (most drinks even juice are room temp eww), but after, at 11, we ate "breakfast" at a hotel restaurant buffet with a friend that came with us. It was fun, but we tend to have two conversations: one between laurel, haley, and me, and the second in spanish with the mexicans. I try to join them, but it's so hard because Laurel and H don't speak spanish and Pamela and Z only speak spanish!! 

The food was good but weird...there was cow head and other types of meat that I avoided, but the juices were actually cold and they were fresh and delicious! Fresh fruit juice doesn't exist in the us unless we go outside and pick the fruit. Then, we sat there for 2 more hours which made me anxious because i'm used to getting up after I eat ahhah! we went to luisa's house to swim. she has a community pool which we used. we went to the local grocery store, Angus Beef, to buy snacks for the pool; even though we're not supposed to eat there, the employee is really nice and allowed us to. 

They eat everything with 10 layers of hot sauce on it, so when they opened the doritos, the friend opened the chilly sauce and poured it all over the chips (and made us try it of course). We also had coca cola. We stayed there until about 5 when they picked up pizza, which we went back to the house to eat. We sat at the counter island, but three of them stood and didn't care! I could never eat standing is that weird? I was still sleepy because I fell asleep by the pool even though when they asked I said I was awake lol. 

After pizza, they brought out tons of snacks and treats that they like to eat, and made us try ALL of them ! some looked so gross and it was awkward to be nearly spitting it out after one of them would be saying how good it was. One chocolate thing named like kinder snack or something was a german chocolate with a toy inside, but it is banned in the US because of a chocking hazard, which is crazy if you saw it ( i will post a pic) but makes sense i guesss. the marzipan was so strong that I just wanted to mash it on my plate with my fork, but the friend started to eat mine, so that worked out well even though it would have been fun to mush it around on my plate. when I went to offer it to laurel, I realized she had hidden it away behind her napkin, which made me feel better about not eating it! We spent at least an hour showing each other pics on our phones of guys that we thought were cute from our respective cities...pamela and luisa like older blond guys so we showed them pics for fun to see what they think. We generally had the same taste, but it was so funny! The friend from yesterday came back and was hilarious—she likes tall, strong, blonde guys with tattoos I'm not joking. So funny! 

Luisa's sister who is in middle school was studying with friends for a math test, and the walls were filled with the mother's photography. She's a professional photographer which is awesome, and I hope she helps me learn to use my camera!  

We played with Luisa's dog for awhile and listened to Haley do her recording that she keeps instead of a blog. Then, we went to luisa's room to chat and waited for our rides. We are going to pamela's tomorrow afternoon to bake and have a movie night, and we are running tomorrow morning again, so I better sleep! hasta mañana! I will try to post some pics tomorrow from my camera a soon as i upload them, but these are a few from my phone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment