Monday, June 16, 2014

el restaurante y la plaza magnifica !

For dinner tonight (we actually left at a reasonable hour of 6:20pm), we pulled a typical Aaron family food hunt in which we drove all over town looking for a place to eat that 1) everyone liked, 2) was open, and 3) had a table (which wasn't much of a problem). The ride was slightly too long, though, since I was starting to doze off—gosh how embarassing. 

we finally landed at a casual restaraunt called The Butcher, but that should've been called the Lumberjack, because the logo was a man hauling a bundle of wood on his shoulder. There were lots of kids there which was fine, except they were loud and I don't like loud kids. But the place was cuute and the food was delicious! They ordered horchata for everyone, which is the most amazingly delicious rice-cinnamon-water one could ever make and it was only 91 calories! and it was cold...bonus! Anyway, they ordered a family-style dinner of a variety of meats and chicken and quesadillas, all of which was very flavorful. Mario and Macrina explained to me before it came that some say Hermosillo has the best meat in the world, and I'm not a major carnivore, but it was good. Louis, you would be jealous, but I know you probs don't know about this blog so i'll tell you when I get home. 

Also, they wrapped the meat in tortillas and ate it with beans and guac and salsa. As much as they say it's not the sane as american-mexican food, some of it honestly does seem similar, but then again, they know their food better than I. We talked and laughed all throughout dinner, especially since Mario kept dropping things on the floor. Afterward, we went to Dairy Queen, which made me happier than one can ever understand hahaha even though I rarely go there at home. Mom, I was telling Zyanya about how you never get ice cream but then try everyone's, and as I was saying that, Macrina motions to Z from outside to grab her an extra spoon...it was so funny! I took a pic of the soft serve to send to Laurel and Haley which was mean, but I'm sure they'll go, tooo. 

From DQ, we headed over to the Plaza, which is a plaza with crossing paths, yards, and plants surrounded by the Governor's building on one side and the old chapel on the other side. They are both georgous buildings that shoot up into the night sky, and the chapel has purple lights on the exterior. The whole plaza was filled with local vendors of traditional mexican items and jewelry, food vendors (spicy food of course), bands and dancers, and people enjoying their Father's Day evening or walking dogs. There were two cute puppies for sale that Z and i held, and they fell asleep in our arms. We took tons of pictures, and they showed me all around the plaza. I will post the other photos when Mairo sends them to me, since my phone ran our of storage and couldn't take photos. I have deleted so many apps to free up storage!!

This family is way to sweet. Not only do they not let me pay for anything including food, but also they insisted on paying for a gift I was buying for my Aunt! Ugh I felt so bad because they are just too kind. We finally came back and searched for Zyanya's phone, but later found out it is at Luisa's house ughh but I'm glad we know where it is! Alrightt that's all I can remember, and we're running tomorrow morning! Sorry, I looked up spanish greetings but was unsuccessful, so bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment