Thursday, June 12, 2014

muchos amigos y una vista hermosa

THis was such a long day i am soo tired! Zyanya and I hung out in the morning and I practiced piano for awhile. It was funny to practice, since their piano is right in the center of the house in the foyer. It is a beautiful piano, and it's good practice to use someone else's piano. Anyway, we then watched a Spanish movie which was really cute, but Z had to explain the conversations to me! After that, we ate breakfast at their house. It consisted of amazingly flavorful white rice and a mixture of chicken, onion, mushroom, and brocoli. We also had a fruit bowl which included papaya, which was really strong and I wasn't used to it! I always try to eat at the same pace as Z, since I feel so clueless about manners. 

Then, Sarhoma took us to Pamela's house to bake and watch movies, but instead, we ate and swam. Her family is muy linda—very funny and nice and has lots of energy. A friend, who is president of the school society, drove us up the mountain to see the city and into the park to explore and get icies. The popsicle vendor got frustrated with me for taking a photo without asking, and although I should haave asked, he was rude also to Laurel, making her feel bad for not knowing spanish! The popsicle was good, though. It was mango. 

We drove around some more, then we went back and a neighbor stopped by. He was really nice, but he was smoking, and I wasn]t particularly intereseted in second hand smoking ahh. We talked about the US and mexico and many things. Sorry this is so boring today, I am literally falling asleep as I write! We decided to swim, and another two guy friends stopped by unexpectedly, one of which was Pamela's prom date, whom the other girls don't think is good enough for her. We ate huge burritos at midnight, and they dumped on 10 different sauces as usual. The delivery man came on a motorcycle, which seemed rare but is apparently the norm. 

I have to sleep now! The neighbor whose pool we used was super nice and gave us cold grapes and turned on the lights and slide. It was a blast. Goodnight! 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your daily updates Rae! It sounds like you are having fun. I don't speak Spanish but if I was in Mexico I would be living off of frijoles y queso burritos:) :)
    Mirav (Ari's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae! It sounds like you're having a blast! Keep posting!!!! I love your posts!
    Mamma

    ReplyDelete