Friday, June 20, 2014

meet me halfway: día 11 woo!

We're halfway through—I can't believe it!! in 11 more days, we will again be on an airplane, but this time we will head north back to our beloved Phoenix. Anyway, we are still busy soaking up the Hermosillo culture and experience every day. Actually, I wouldn't call us super busy, but we're having a great time. 

This morning, we ate breakfast as usual of fruit with yogurt and cereal, and today a quesadilla instead of half of a sandwitch. Then we headed to Zyanya's school at 11 to buy her cap and gown (which they call their toga, always makes me laugh to picture them graduating in togas). We met up with friends, and I hung out in the shade with Haley, since Laurel slept in and Pamela left her at home haha. Afterward, we went home with Pamela, even though her mom was frustrated that no one asked her if we could come, and we hung out all day long no kidding. We watched a movie I didn't appreciate (I'm so picky, too, but it was pretty bad sorry) and pamela and zyanya took a nap for awhile while Laurel and I complained to each other how hungry we were ahah what losers! Later, around 5, we ate lunch, which was delicious, and hung out some more. I plugged in my camera, so hopefully I will be able to post the photos even though they're not super impressive since I'm not in them. Just kidding, they're nice, I'm just not in them since I took them :). 

We went swimming in Pamela's neighbor's pool at 8 something pm, and stayed there until 10pm when Macrina picked us up. I hoped the neighbor would bring us cold grapes again, but he didn't! We had a fun (but boring) day, and we are definitely more comfortable with each other now and our communication is better both ways (Laurel can now pronounce "hola"). When we went back to Z's house, Zyanya tried on her gown for Macrina and Sahroma (which she of course had originally forgotten at Pamela's house!), and we ate pancakes for dinner. I thought they were kidding about the pancakes, but apparently not! They were good, and I found it amusing to see all the different toppings they poured on: jelly, weird carmel glaze, syrup, etc. Also, I was already pretty full, because Pamela's mom was trying to fatten me up or something (the last thing I need) by forcing me to eat tortillas...seriously. she is so funny but I wasn't hungry! I almost attempted to slip one of the tortillas into my backpack, but I knew someone would notice and that would be so humilliating I can't even.

The pancakes were good, though, and I ate mine cold, because she was putting them into the microwave in a plastic bag, which I worried would emit chemicals into the pancakes. Now that I think about it, instead of eating mine cold and telling them I like them that way (which is partially true but more just impatience), I probably should have explained the posibility that the plastic could be harmful to their health..oops. 

Well, that is literally all I have! I'll be honest, today was very boring and I hope tomorrow is more fun. I know Saturday's prom will be great, though, and that sunday is the usa fútbol game and monday is the mexico fútbol game, so we will at least be busy doing something until tuesday, by which time we will hopefully have plans to meet the mayor, for whom we brought a gift of a Suns jersey signed by Dragic. I don't know who that is, but he sounds like magic and the mayor apparently loves the Suns (yay, thanks, Sarvers!). If we don't meet him, maybe they can pass on the gift and a note. We'll figure it out :). Buenas nochess y hasta mañana! xo

cactus from Kino Bay!
finally uploaded from Kino!
not in these, but it's cool. Just "picture" me behind the camera;)
Zyanya, Macrina, and Sarhoma before Macrina's party
Pamela and Zyanya were adorable trying on their togas! 
laurel and I at the beach after lunch!
from today it was delish
eating pamela's mom's sushi at lunch yesterday yumm nom nom








No comments:

Post a Comment